Databases in D365FO
Database for any Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is essential to store and retrieve the data. In Microsoft ERP systems, multiple databases are used to do multiple and different tasks. They are very large and complex to understand. We often use them to see the data and to find out the bug if there is any, during the development or customization process. To get know-how about the databases in D365FO, I am writing this article.
There are following databases in D365FO:
- AxDB: It is the actual and central database of D365FO.
- AxDW: It is the entity store database which is used with the embedded Power BI reports. In AxDw all aggregate measures and dimensions are created which you can use them in Microsoft Power BI.
- DynamicsAxReportServer & DynamicsAxReportServerTempDB: These both databases are used for SSRS reporting.
- DynamicsXRefDB: It is for the cross reference data. It is updated when we do build. It is used when you do right click something in AOT and select Find references.
- ManagementReporter: It is used with Management reporter.
Community: Click here
Blog: Click here
YouTube: Click here
Github: Click here
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney