How to start/stop report server service in D365FO & DAX2012?
It is very common question about restarting the report server service in D365FO & DAX2012. Many times it is required to refresh server and reflect your changes in SSRS reports and other changes related to report server service. I have created this tutorial keeping in view the importance of this topic. It is very basic learning for the newbies of this field. So, let’s start.
There are three ways to restart the reporting server. They are as follows:
To start or stop the service using the Reporting Services Configuration tool
- Start Reporting Services Configuration tool and connect to the report server.
- On the Report Server Status page, click Stop or Start.
To start or stop the service using Services in Administrative Tools
- Go to Administrative Tools and open Services or open run, write services.msc and press enter.
- Right-click SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER), and click Stop or Restart.
- If you are running multiple instance or if the report server is running as a named instance, verify that the instance name in parentheses corresponds to the report server instance you want to stop or restart.
To start or stop the service using SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Start SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Select SQL Server Services, right-click SQL Server Reporting Services, and click Stop or Restart.
Microsoft documentation: Click here
GitHub: Click here